Full Title (in English): ZEMedS, Zero Energy MEDiterranean Schools
Project website: http://www.zemeds.eu/
Program Type: Intelligent Energy Europe Programme (IEE)
Project details: Zero Energy MEDiterranean Schools, is a 3-year project co- funded by the European Commission within the Intelligent Energy Europe Programme (IEE) that promotes the renovation of schools in a Mediterranean climate to be nearly Zero-Energy Buildings (nZEB), (Contract no.: IEE/12/711/SI2.644745), (1.294.534 EUR), 2013-2016. The main goal of ZEMedS is increase the knowledge and know-how on the nZEB renovation of schools in Mediterranean climates and give support to several new initiatives on the nZEB refurbishment of schools in Mediterranean climate regions. ZEMedS activities, include:
- Toolkits. Development of high quality toolkits focused on technical and financial aspects of the nZEB renovation of schools in Mediterranean climates.
- Case studies. Development of 10 case studies with extensive details on solutions for the nZEB renovation of schools.
- Tendering specifications. Development of 5 nZEB tendering specifications, that will be voluntarily adopted by at least 5 public authorities partners of 4 Mediterranean countries.
- Support new initiatives. Support up to 40 new nZEB initiatives on renovation of schools with the nZEB goals in Mediterranean countries.
- Trainings. Organization and hosting of 60 trainings and 5 capacity building events, and participation to 8 international conferences.
Funding agency: European Commission