“Inspection of HVAC systems through continuous monitoring and benchmarking”
Project website: http://www.iservcmb.info/
Program Type: Intelligent Energy Europe Programme
Project details: The main findings from the project are that:
- The proposed process leads to significant savings in operational buildings across Europe – with annual electricity savings of up to 5% of the total EU electrical energy use appearing possible.
- The iSERVcmb spreadsheet can be used for all buildings and HVAC systems across Europe
- The project has produced a unique set of measured data on energy use and power demands in HVAC sub-components servicing given end use activities across Europe
- Energy Conservation Opportunities are capable of being identified from sub- hourly data
- Physical Inspections and Indoor Air Quality studies have confirmed that continuous use of metered data can be used to benchmark the performance of buildings and systems
- The approach and data is of interest to Building Services Professional Bodies in providing guidance to their members on improving the operational energy efficiency of building services
All the main Actors sectors from across Europe, with an interest in reducing the operational energy use of buildings and their building services, have participated in and/or contributed to the shape and findings of this project.
Funding agency: European Commission-